Sunday, October 9, 2011

Novice Retrieving Dog

I just wanted to share some pictures from the ratings practice and test last weekend.  The first 2 are from the practice and the others are from the actual test.

 
Mia has a really nice retrieve and delivers the bird to hand every time - which is not required in novice but something that I've come to expect from her


 For the RDX test, I was asked to throw the second bird (a dead pigeon) and fire the blank pistol.  In the picture above, I'm getting a lesson from Mary Ann Hall on proper throwing techniques.  In the picture below, I think I'm telling Debbie (who was taking the picture) that 2 years ago, I never would have believed that one day, I would be carrying a bag of pigeons while holding a dead one and a blank pistol...my how life has changed!


 Getting ready to send Mia on the land retrieve

 Mia bringing the pigeon back (with a lot of enthusiasm)

 Water retrieve

 Delivering the bird to hand...at this point, I knew we had passed and was *so* proud of my girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment