Monday, January 31, 2011
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
We took a weekend trip to Myrtle Beach and had a blast. Mia especially enjoyed the trip to the beach where she got to run and chase the birds.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Mia had a New Year's Sleep-over with her best friend, Remi. It's always fun to watch them curl up together after a day of wrestling and playing keep away.
Looking back on 2010, I am so thrilled with all of the things Mia and I have accomplished this year. I never would have thought we would do all of these things but the more we do, the more fun we have. Mia is such a sweet, loving dog who has an awesome temperament and personality that makes it easy to do all of this stuff with her. I'm looking forward to another exciting year!
Highlights of 2010:
- Completed her rally novice at 11 months old with placements
- Completed her rally advanced title at 16 months old with scores of 97 for all three legs (2 first place ribbons and a 4th place)
- Completed her CD (Companion Dog title) with scores of 193, 193.5 and 191.5 (all first place) at 20 months old
- Placed 4th in her class at the Southern Futurity, owner handled
- Earned 5 conformation points, all owner handled
- Earned a reserve to a major, handled by Pat O'Brian
- Earned her NSD (Novice Shooting Dog)
- Earned her CGC (Canine Good Citizen)
- In addition, Mia began training in agility and is doing wonderfully! If she continues to do well, we may be able to compete before the end of 2011.
- We also got to travel to Maryland and New Jersey to spend some time with Mia's breeder, Linda Hartheimer. On our trip, we met some wonderful weim people and had a awesome time! We also learned a lot and got some great tips during our field training, obedience classes, and handling class. I'm very thankful for all of Linda's advice and mentoring she has provided me, and am looking forward to hopefully seeing her in 2011.
- In addition to our big trip North, we got to meet up with Debbie and Sky several times throughout the year. Debbie has been a wonderful mentor and friend, and we're looking forward to seeing her in a couple of months.
I feel truly blessed to not only have Mia in my life, but the mentors and friends we've been fortunate enough to meet. Their support means the world to me and I'm thankful to have them in my life.