Saturday, June 19, 2010

Show-N-Go

The Azalea Dog Training Club had a "Show-N-Go" recently at their facilities in Hampstead, NC. I took Mia and entered her in rally excellent, rally advanced, and novice obedience. The show-n-go provides an opportunity to practice in a competition like setting (but the cost to enter is much cheaper and we don't have to travel far). Since Mia already has her rally novice title, she is ready to compete in rally advanced. I thought it would be a good idea to try an excellent course to see how she did and what we still need to work on. These pictures are of her runs through the excellent course. She did beautifully on the advanced course as well, but my sister had to leave which is why there are no pictures. I entered Mia in novice obedience just to see what we still need to work on. She did an awesome job. So awesome that I think it's time to start competing for her CD (companion dog). We have a few minor things to tweak, including an enthusiastic recall that involved her sliding past me. Fortunately, an enthusiastic recall is better than a dog that's reluctant to come:) Other than that, we just need to work a little on figure eights and I think we're are set to go. Of course, you never know what's going to happen in the show ring...which is why you just have to take a leap of faith and give it a try...until then, you'll never know.

I've taught Mia to look at me when I say, "Ready!" That way, when the judge says, "Are you ready?" I can respond with, "Ready," and Mia looks at me.

270 Left

Moving Down, Walk Around Dog


Halt, Take 1 Step, Call Dog to Heel

Call to Front, Finish Right

Offset Figure Eight (The bowls of toys serve as distractions)


All Done! Good Job!

No comments:

Post a Comment